+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrono Night

Chrono Night

===Chrono Night===

= = = Inspired by= = =
    kingkamehameha’s RP of the same name
    We were originally gonna do this together, but he seems to be MIA so I've decided to go it alone.

~
    ۩The Story۩~

Time; it isn’t the way people think it is. People assume time is a straight progression from cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint, it is more of a big ball, like a whole universe within our universe, existing with the one we see, the stuff we touch, but totally apart from our reach. You are made to think the past or the future are some ways away and you’d be right, typically. However, no system is perfect, much less impermeable. What you don’t know is that each decision that takes you to the future only takes you to the next page as it were. There is such a fine line to bring you right back, but seeing it, that’s the difficulty most face and that’s what we like to see.

Back to the imperfections then, eh? Certain people are “sensitive” to fluctuation in time. Originally, no one was aware of these individuals and it was believed, even by they themselves, that an item was necessary. After the fall of Lavos, the term applied to that item was coined for naming these unique persons.

Following the first series of imperfections, the solution was to force continuity, a haphazard answer. The universe had a contingency plan in mind. There was fracture; the unacceptable changes in progression were pushed into that extra universe, bulking it up. The instability developed brought a struggling Lavos into the Darkness Beyond Time, a dead space between universes. There it literally fed on existence, what makes possibility possible. Eventually, this would have caused collapse; the internal support would weaken and structure would be lost. Instead, the sensitive individuals were called upon and rewove the splintered realities into something acceptable. The universe was appeased and function proceeded, allowing time then to begin smoothing the lingering fluctuations.

Fluctuations such as cross-dimensional existence, however, were a bit more complicated. Rather than automated reparations, the solution was delegated to the existence herself, though that hardly performs without glitch. Growing pains spilled into more dimensions and created a blending, a breakage between the boundaries of individual layers of continuance. Further, negative wills began to unravel plot and purpose eventually culminating in new fracture, though varied from the preceding. In place of the singular universal fork, this version took on minor faults in multiple derivations. Reality went unknowing of these anomalies, mending itself with what patches it now had.

Incongruous beings manifested from the workings of divergent origins lapsing into comprehendible identities, which, driven to madness and/or egocentrism, began adopting defined roles and mannerisms to divvy the nonsensical terrain. Extended periods with such aggravated and aggravating wounds produced dominions and subsequent inhabitants. The collective sect of sires assembled into acolytes to their commonality. Innately, almost inherently, they congregated upon the former kingdom of Zeal, rebuilt it, and designated it their center, dubbed New Zeal.

One existence held a strong influence over the events following fracture, another a mere puppet, and a third was only then arriving. The puppet played no significant role anymore though presence alone was suitable enough. The influential one had all the acolytes under thrall, but the subjective nature of the dominions cast many astray. They united in tribes as opposition to the hostile acolytes and their megalomaniacal orchestrator. The universe steadied with this path, expecting the corrections to be made as necessary.

That is where we currently stand, awaiting the proper editing of reality’s appointed.

= = = Setting & Story= = =

Ø The world’s soooo not Chrono Trigger or Cross. xD Right now, just think of a big planet with seven major “cities” known as dominions. Each one is themed. *You’ll know what I mean soon* Anything not a city is vacant land that can be anything. ie: desert, mountain, plain, etc.

Ø New Zeal takes the appearance of a medieval kingdom and the seven acolytes reside in its central castle during meetings like the Knights of the Round Table.

Ø I think you can all take a guess who the “existence held a strong influence over the events following fracture” is, especially after I post my profile, but thankfully, keeping that a secret isn’t really special anyway. However, nobody saw the person yet and there’s always going to be a cloak concealing the person from view, kinda like a maroon version of the Organisation XIII chaps.

Ø Those seven dominions? Yea, they’re the Seven Deadly Sins. =P Each one’s geared to whatever sin it’s represented by. They don’t necessarily have to be humans that sin that way so feel free to be creative.

Ø Each of the Acolytes of New Zeal started off as a something, but ended up getting messed up and going Deadly Sin, which turned them humanoid. Now that time’s passed a bunch, each of them can be either humanoid or revert back to the something they were, which will end up being representative of what sin they’re for.

Ø There is an NPC reserved for kingkamehameha if he joins. He’s the one who rivaled Kid for the Chrono Night.

Ø Chrono Night, which, as the name suggests, brings “night” to a person. What that means is that the Chrono Night erases the person’s memories and sends anybody effected by the loss of memories into the Darkness Beyond Time. The void left when those people are taken becomes free energy, easy access to somebody aware of the Darkness Beyond Time.

= = = Rules = = =

Ø All posts must be at least 500 characters in length.

Ø All forms of godmoding is strictly prohibited and will be penalised. If you don’t know what this is refer to this.

Ø All Adventure Square and Forum standards apply.

= = = Character Creation = = =

Ø You’re allowed as many chars as your heart desires, but be active. Thanks. =p

Ø No character needs to be combat-oriented, but if you make a character a non-combatant, post accordingly. I don’t want a geezer taking down the Criosphinx unless he’s good at answering questions.

Ø Characters all originated from one of the eight dominions, New Zeal being the eighth. Your character may or may not have been exiled by one of them. It doesn’t matter if you were or not, you still have to choose Protagonist, Neutral, Antagonist.

Ø The following character sheet must be completed.

À Name: Preferably First and Last names. Feel free to state Middle names, prefixes, suffixes, and/or nicknames, if you wish.
    À Age: There are no limits on the age, but ensure that your speaking voice represents your character age.
    À Origin: New Zeal, Pride, Lust, Envy, Sloth, Gluttony, Greed, or
    À Gender: Male or Female.
    À Appearance: Describe attire, looks, physique, etc. You can also link a pic, saving some time.
    À Weapons: You are allowed one main weapon and one side weapon.
    À Alignment: Protagonist, Antagonist, Neutral.
    À Associated: Provide names and details of those who know you.
    À Biography: Provide a detailed character history that may explain current personality and abilities.

Re: Chrono Night

Name: ~ஐ Princess Schala Zealஐ~
    Actual: Over 100,000 *original time period BC12,000*
    Origin: Kingdom of Zeal
    Appearance:
    Spoiler: Schala BC 
    Spoiler: Schala Present 

Will be wearing an outfit similar to Tifa’s in FFVII: AC. Differences include: Split in skirt in the middle, linked by off-white belt with Zeal royal crest buckle. Under, Schala wears a pair of black, form-fitting shorts. Black vest hoodie, similar to Tidus with white inner lining replaces Tifa’s tank-top. Hair is slightly wavy and is no longer in braids. Twin gauntlets with the insignia of the Frozen Flame, formed over her forearms due to her connection to the former Time Devourer.
    Weapons: Masa and Mune dwell in the insignias of her gauntlets. They awakened once more after detecting their old master’s princess returned from Chrono Break millennia ago. From ages of experience, they have shed their corporeal nature in its entirety, linking to Schala’s mind to produce whatever weapons she may require. Starting weapons are twin chains.
    Alignment: Protagonist
    Associated: Queen Zeal *mother*, Janus (Magus) *brother*
    Biography:

She lived the sheltered existence, back in a prehistoric age as the heir to her family’s throne. Under the tyrannical control of her mother, the Queen, the Enlightened Ones ruling the Kingdom of Zeal dominated the Earthbound Ones, creating the first of the human orders based in feudal servitude. Her younger brother would come into contact with the dreaded beast, Lavos, and be taken from her only to return later on in her timeline with unique individuals that would change her life forever. Prior to their coming, Schala was to be the conduit that would command Lavos via the use of the Mammon Machine. Instead, in the ensuing chaos of Chrono’s arrival, Lavos would decimate the kingdom and Schala would be split between fluctuating dimensions of possible reality after exhausting her magics to send her new friends to safe haven. The strain on her mortal body was excruciating and her existence itself began to tear, mutating into different versions, different make-ups, and even different personalities. From infinity, multiple versions would result, most of which would become too weak and enfeebled by the strain of flux to survive. However, a few entities would survive, namely two knowing themselves to be of Schala, but one in particular, who lost all recollection of herself. The first of the three, the self-proposed “true” Schala, took guardianship of the third, acting as a parent for the girl. This would be short-lived as the disruption of time and destiny was the perfect catalyst for Lavos to absorb countless more streams of DNA and Planetary Life Energy to create its superbly evolved spawn, now capable of infesting limitless realities rather than confined to the worlds of one. However, to maintain itself after defeat at the hands of Chrono, Lavos would need an anchor to the physical plane and found it in Schala’s essence. It would absorb the physical embodiment of the first, but before it could do the same to the child, Schala used the last of her consciousness to send the child away, back into a tangible reality.

This ends the first life of Princess Schala of Zeal. Her first surviving entity would remain with Lavos as the core of the Time Devourer, ever growing and learning about the fractured pool of reality it nested within. Schala, too, would grow, her consciousness nurtured by the same energies Lavos once fed on. It would develop by searching for kindness and warmth, the very same she had displayed to the Earthbound Ones during her first life. The second was never heard from, though it was known to have thought itself the reincarnation of the ancient human, Schala. The third was found by a returning Lucca, having recently defeated Lavos with her friends. She retired to a quiet life of research and would care for the child as her own, dubbing her the simple name of Kid, her “sister”. Ultimately, the lines of the fractured realities needed to be sealed, but, as Lucca would discover, the only means of doing so required a new artifact akin to the Chrono Triggers she and her friends had used in their journeys. Dubbed the Chrono Cross, this would be the tool Serge and his new band would use to reunite the dimensions separated by Lavos’ first death. The unification also broke Lavos’ hold over Schala and the former Princess would return to her physical manifestation to begin a new life.

Her primary decided task was to unify what had been divided along with the dimensions: herself. Utilizing the same Chrono Cross that freed her, Schala attempted to sync her essence with that of her “child”, Kid. However, something rejected her plan. From deep within the bowels of existence, a piercing breech snatched the free Schala, sending her through realms to a new world, one she had never even imagined in her wildest imaginings. Earth, 21st century… our world.

The break from her reality placed her in the middle of a bustling modern day Tokyo, aged to her original maturity and bearing only the premature Time Egg, Kid’s necklace, which she had wanted to use as a bridge to Kid’s essence. Easily drawing attention from the locals, she was taken in by an elderly woman thinking she was a victim of rape. Lost and disoriented, Schala went with the woman, allowing herself to become accustomed to the local culture. Eventually, she would become aware of herself and seek out the boy named Serge who she vaguely remembered had been the hero that saved her from the Darkness Beyond Time. The following year would be fruitless, but Schala remained hopeful. This hope was then answered on her apparent 20th birthday. She was racked with a sudden pain in her chest and her caretaker, nicknamed Nana, immediately took her to the hospital. There, it was discovered that there were blue, crystalline shards lodged over the surface of her heart. Surgery was far too dangerous to risk so she was simply given morphine to dull the pain.

Three years of unbearable agony pierced through Schala’s ailing body as she continued to wonder of that boy. At last, one silent night, Schala’s sweat-drenched form awoke from a disturbing dream, one in which she and a boy raced for a frightening object with an aura that shook ever fiber of her being. Still, in this dream she managed to claim it, but simultaneously with the boy and the object activated in their hands. Suddenly, there was a world of darkness paralleling her imprisonment so long ago. Phantasms and apparitions of terrible shapes and voices passed over her, through her, violating her mind and soul as she helplessly watched on.

Once accepting the safety of her room, she slowly calmed herself, keeping her eyes open for fear she may see them in the darkness behind closed orbs. Minutes turned into hours, but Schala feared slumber. Upon the moments before dawn, her heart suddenly erupted in a pulse of tremendous pain, a brilliant glow emanating from the necklace she still kept on her person. Moments later, her chest began to give off the same glow and a strange blue liquid seeped through to form a large jewel before her. At completion, the beautiful item abruptly twisted, cerulean swirls orbiting a violet core, seemingly alive with a haunting presence.

“Chrono… Break…”

Schala had no idea how she came to utter these words, but the concept mysteriously educated her of itself and she then knew what to do. The following day, she said her farewells to Nana and the friends she had made and traveled to the local island of Okinawa. At the southernmost beach of the small subtropical island, Schala placed the Chrono Break into the waters of the shoreline, this opening the rift in dimensional space. Bidding silent goodbyes to the Earth reality she had come to love, she entered the rift and searched tirelessly for home, for the boy named Serge, and for unification with her other selves. The journey through riftspace was grotesque, every sector of impossibility and improbability threatened further warping of her precious but fragile mind. The pathways back to her realm had long since closed, the successful merging of Home and Alternate Worlds healing that dimension’s timestream. Finally, a knick in the walls of space-time unveiled themselves before her, revealing a future without heroes. Her spawn had become deranged by unintended immortality. Seeking an end to her unending plight, she sought out the enigmatic Chrono Night artifact, a relic said to erase lives. Two would seek its power simultaneously causing an overload, which inadvertently pushed Schala back into the Darkness Beyond Time, though devoid of Lavos, Schala would be her own catalyst, completing her revival into the physical plane of her reality. In relative time, this aged her one year, but in real time, this brought her into yet a further future where a new tale was about to play out…

sigh....though i know i will have no time I will join still and manage to squese a post or two. I will join give me some time and I will put in a character

"Because I exist, my enemy exits. If there is no self, then there can be no enemy." Yamaoka Tesshu

o_O Well this is unexpected. I guess my subtle blatant advertising finally won one over. xD

Love ya, Maky! *smooch*

damn advertiseing..... sigh i will post today or tommorow with a profile. hopefully.

"Because I exist, my enemy exits. If there is no self, then there can be no enemy." Yamaoka Tesshu

Take as long as you'd like. Chances are, you'll be the only one joining anyway. =P Still, I assume you'd just like to join in hopes of doing Schala at some point. x)

question: so the setting of the rp is in the darkness beyond time. Where the seven cities or planets are and where one of those planets has New Zeal and the 7 acolytes etc.

Am i correct? I think I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenshi View Post
    question: so the setting of the rp is in the darkness beyond time. Where the seven cities or planets are and where one of those planets has New Zeal and the 7 acolytes etc.

Am i correct? I think I am wrong.
    You're right about being wrong. =P

The Darkness Beyond Time is just an empty space between dimensions. The problem is that the world of the Chrono series went bonkers so that things from other dimensions were pulled through the Darkness Beyond Time into the Chrono dimension and altered from the stress and fracture. Right now, we're still in the same world the series took place in, just waaaaaay into the future so that anything to do with the series is pretty much nul point.

A few things happened that you do need to keep in mind, though:
    1. First fracture was between Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. That made Home and Alternate Worlds and put Schala into the Darkness Beyond Time round 1.

2. After Chrono Cross, Schala tried to unify herself, but bam, Chrono Break and she got sent to our world to spend childhood v2.0. Since she was trying to unify at the time, the break in chronology made Kid *wiki Chrono Cross* immortal, which then made her nutters. =P

3. Kid lived for a loooooooooooooong time and became really suicidal and nihilistic. =\ She eventually figures out that the Chrono Break resulted in an artifact called Chrono Night, which can wipe a person from existence. So she goes for it, but she runs into somebody who's supposed to be kingkamehameha's char, but can be anyone at this point. Instead of one person touching it to be wiped out, both of them touch it at the same time. Since the guy was trying to stop Kid from using it, the contradiction screwed up Chrono Night's effect and rippled throughout the dimension making lots of happy swirly CGI effects that you'd get to see if Square ever made this a game. xD End result? Very very messed up world with things half being taken out of existence and half being brought into existence so you've got multiple dimensions of stuff all randomly patched together.

Oh yea, just to reiterate, the reason the guy wanted to stop Kid is because the side effect of Chrono Night is that anyone wiped out obviously causes an impact on several people, the people who were affected by the person. Since Kid's lived so long and been intricate in certain events, her fading into the night does a huge number on the world. Not to mention, she's needed to patch things up from the first two fractures.

Also, Chrono Break resulted in Chrono Night for that world, but twisted Chrono Cross into the artifact Chrono Break for our world to help Schala get back home. Both artifacts coexist as a sort of nullifying force, but more on that later if this RP ever gets off the ground. xD

damn...............so deep lol

That's how I roll. =P

+ Reply to Thread