+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII: Black Ops.

Final Fantasy VII: Black Ops.

Members of the Shinra Electric Power Company's Department of Public Safety, agents of the Investigative Division of the General Affairs Department are more commonly known as The Turks. Under the veil of recruiting possible candidates for SOLDIER, they covertly perform black ops for the corporation, ranging from espionage and intimidation, to kidnapping and assassination.

- Facts: This role play builds upon the story explored within Final Fantasy VII, though is neither a prequel nor a sequel - rather, it runs parallel to the events of the game. The plot is not concerned with Cloud's hunt across the Planet for Sephiroth, but the playable characters of Final Fantasy VII may feature in the story very occasionally. Several non-playable Shinra employees will feature heavily (see below).

- Requirements?: It is preferable, though not necessary, that you have some experience of Final Fantasy VII and the role played by the Turks in that game. Please don't be put off if you haven't played it, I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have to the best of my knowledge, or if you want to look for yourself, you won't find anything more extensive than either The Final Fantasy Wiki or FF Compendium. Some basic knowledge of Before Crisis -Final Fantasy VII- would be beneficial.

- Genres: Action, Adventure, Science-Fiction

- Themes: Espionage, Civil Unrest, Assassination, Scientific Research, Genetic Modification, Environment, Mako, Lifestream, Energy Resources, Materia, Eco-Terrorism,

- Systems: N/A - any battles will be free-style, but you must respect the battle system of FFVII, meaning Materia, Limit Breaks etc.

- Basic Outline: Before Crisis -Final Fantasy VII- introduced players, for the first time, to Turks beyond the four featured in FFVII. While it is insinuated at the game's conclusion that these Turks no longer work for Shinra, this role play will imagine that to be false; it will thus follow the story of these elite Turks as they perform clandestine operations for Shinra, not featured within the events of FFVII. The plot of Before Crisis is irrelevant and will be disregarded.

- Title: "Black operation or black op is a covert operation typically involving activities that are highly clandestine and, often, outside of standard military protocol. Black operations may include such things as assassination, sabotage, extortion, spying on allied countries or one's own citizens, kidnapping, supporting resistance movements, torture, use of fraud to obtain funds, use of child soldiers, human experimentation, trafficking in contraband items, false flag bombing, etc."

- Other: As always, I'm open to ideas, and would appreciate any advice from more experienced RPers. Please share any ideas you may have. This is not an epic large-scale RP.

Above is the RP's main cast. NPCs have been greyed out but include President Shinra, Rufus, Reeve, Heidegger, Hojo, Scarlet, Tseng, Reno, Rude and Elena.

The playable characters have a black border and sharper colours. Feel free to select whomever you'd like as your character. You may, if you so wish, choose to retcon the backstories and weapons of these characters to fit your own tastes, (with the exception of Cissnei). Equally, you may prefer to build upon their original backstories found here. However, please respect the following rules:
    • As Head of the Department of Administrative Research, Veld (below President Shinra), is the leader of the Turks, though his position is merely that of co-ordinator and therefore strictly administrative. He mostly remains at the Shinra Building in Midgar.
    • The blonde girl (below Tseng), is Elena's sister. The two are rivals, and this has only worsened since Elena's promotion.
    • Cissnei (below Scarlet), had a rather large role in Crisis Core. Please respect that, as it will be deemed canon for the purposes of this RP, even though Zack is dead.

Feedback is welcome (and wanted).

Please use the above template when creating your character. Details to follow.

The above characters have been reserved and are therefore no longer available.

msn : cosmicdeathray@hotmail.com //
    gfx : x // ffvii black ops. : x //
    blog : x // pm me : x //
    psn : Ben2289 //

Spoiler: PSN 
    Spoiler: rEtrO_o 
    Spoiler: etc. 

Re: Final Fantasy VII: Black Ops.

Mine.
    Can we pretend that airplanes
    In the night sky
    Are like shooting stars
    I could really use a wish right now (wish right now, wish right now)

umm you didn't grey out the NPCs just mentioned them.

mine

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    umm you didn't grey out the NPCs just mentioned them.

mine
    Vision fail. They're not entirely desaturated, no, but they are greyer. The borders are grey too, lol. Anyway, updated first post with reserved characters.

I want her! I'll change her weapon and bg abit =) I did play ff7 and know abit about Turks, but I hope I could learn more along the way ^^

Side Note: Limit break just one? =P

^Awesome, thanks for joining! <3 Will add specifics about character creation in the next post, but if you'd like more than one Limit Break, we can of course do that too. Until then, could everyone please choose an agent number (irrelevant really, lol) and a name for their character so I can finish these ID cards? Yeah, I get bored and I like Photoshop.

Spoiler: ID Cards 

I'll do my profile after a while. For now, # and name. -

#515 - Wystel Gage
    Can we pretend that airplanes
    In the night sky
    Are like shooting stars
    I could really use a wish right now (wish right now, wish right now)

Damn Ben they look good.

I'll fill in the form after work tonight. Give me a buzz on msn if i forget.

ILLUMINA TESTAROSSA - #369

=)

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    I'll do my profile after a while. For now, # and name. -

#515 - Wystel Gage
    Quote Originally Posted by Valvaris View Post
    ILLUMINA TESTAROSSA - #369

=)
    Thank you, added them both to the images.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Damn Ben they look good.

I'll fill in the form after work tonight. Give me a buzz on msn if i forget.

Thanks, lol. Making graphics motivates me to commit to it. Don't worry about the character details yet, gonna post some rules about that tomorrow. In the meantime, just a name and number would be nice.

+ Reply to Thread